Summary: The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Moe’s Southwest Grill. Responsible for ensuring that the restaurant team creates quality food and providing quality guest service in a fun, fast-paced environment. Responsible for ensuring the restaurant team adheres to company policies, procedures and standards. Responsible for the day to day leadership of people and financial management in order to achieve a return on investment.
- Responsible for interviewing employees for restaurant operations. Responsible for ensuring the restaurant team is properly trained for prepping, cooking, packaging and serving food for our guests in a timely fashion. Ensures that the prepared food product meets operational, food safety and brand standards. Manages food flow, ordering, receiving, storing and servicing to ensure high quality product, proper portioning and low waste. Responsible for schedule deployment and positioning employees. Coaches restaurant team on operational standards and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Maximizes profitability by assuring proper control are in place for cost of sales, labor, payroll, and other controllable costs in order to protect the business. Ensures management and employees adhere to operational systems and procedures. Accurately performs all administrative duties to include daily, weekly and periodic company financial reports in a timely fashion.
- Accountable for maintaining a fun, fast-paced atmosphere for our employees and guests. Ensures that the restaurant team greets guests by stating, “Welcome to Moe’s!” Ensures 100% guest satisfaction in areas of quality, service and cleanliness. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for enforcing sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of exterior, kitchen and dining areas. Ensures compliance with food safety and brand standards. Ensures proper security procedures are in place to protect guests, employees and assets. Responsible for guest and employee safety to reduce injury or accidents. Completes administrative paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a professional image including punctuality, cleanliness, uniform and appearance standards.
- Consistently exhibits the actions/behaviors which best demonstrate the company values; perform all other tasks as directed by the company leadership team to include all restaurant management and their assigned representatives; always represent Moe’s and Quality Fresca, LLC as a professional in every aspect of performance.
Education and Work Experience Required:
- Education High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent experience in restaurant operations. Must be ServSafe certified.
- Professional Experience 1-year restaurant management experience is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Restaurant Operations
- Financial Acumen
- Good guest services skills
- Good communication skills to multiple audiences
- Effective shift management skills
- Computer skills
- Driving skills
- Self-disciplined and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively lead a restaurant team to achieve company goals
- Adherence to company core values
Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, move, and remain in a stationary position. The employee must occasionally transport and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must regularly be able to detect, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, inspect, estimate, observe, and assess items, information, and objects in an office or remote office setting; or restaurant environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.