Summary: Accountable for leading and directing restaurant operations leadership of approximately 6-10 restaurants in a defined territory, which may include up to $20,000,000 in total sales and up to $2,000,000 in total EBITDA. Responsible for leading, coaching and directing Restaurant General Managers in support of division strategic plan and company core values. Responsible for ensuring defined region meets or exceeds operational standards, and adheres to systems, policies and procedures. Accountable for the growth and development of Restaurant General Managers and building a talent pipeline within defined territory. Coaches unit leadership on guest satisfaction and ensures compliance with company standards.
- Accountable for leading restaurant operations leadership in driving same store sales and EBITDA goals in alignment with the company strategic plan. Partners with operations leadership to define territory budget and sales goals; aligns with restaurant leadership on execution of such plans. Coaches Restaurant General Managers on Profit and Loss statements; provides guidance and corrective action on labor, food, waste and other controllable measures on a periodic basis. Provides coaching to Restaurant General Managers on inventory control, local store marketing, on premise and off premise order production and delivery in support of sales growth and the strategic plan. Responsible for multi-unit reporting and administrative processes.
- Accountable for ensuring operations leadership adheres to company standards, systems, policies and procedures. Ensures Restaurant General Managers comply with company policies and procedures on employee safety, food safety, brand standards, cash handling, facility maintenance, staffing levels, Federal, State and local employment laws and regulations. Coaches and trains restaurant leadership on standards and redirects as necessary.
- Accountable for effective leadership development of Restaurant General Managers, Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders in support of the strategic plan. Responsible for the growth and development of the internal and external talent within defined territory. Executes performance management systems and processes in support of building a talent pipeline. Partners with Training to ensure operations leadership receives necessary training tools and resources. Responsible for ensuring certified training locations are maintained in define territory. Collaborates with People Business Partner to ensure units adhere to federal, state and local laws and regulations. Ensures employee relations matters are investigated and resolved in a timely fashion. Establishes the company culture in alignment with core values in order to build management retention.
- Accountable for coaching Restaurant General Managers and operations leadership in solving guest relations matters and concerns. Provides training and resources to Restaurant General Managers to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction scores meet or exceed brand standards.
- Consistently exhibits the actions/behaviors which best demonstrate the company values; perform all other tasks as directed by the company leadership team to include all Above Store Leadership and their assigned representatives; always represent Moe’s and Quality Fresca, LLC as a professional in every aspect of performance.
Education and Work Experience Required:
- Education Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred or equivalent experience in Restaurant Management. ServSafe Certification required.
- Professional Experience 5 years Restaurant Management Experience; 1 year in a Multi-Unit Leader role or equivalent experience and education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Marketing techniques
- Restaurant Operations
- Financial Acumen
- Consultation Practices
- Organizational skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills to multiple audiences
- Computer Skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent leadership and management
- Must possess the ability to impart knowledge while fostering a partnership
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to serve in a self-directed role
- Travel – 50%
- Adherence to company core values
Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, move, and remain in a stationary position. The employee must occasionally transport and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must regularly be able to detect, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, inspect, estimate, observe, and assess items, information, and objects in an office or remote office setting; or restaurant environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.