SONIC is all about having fun while you work and gaining a sense of accomplishment along the way. Not only do you work with fantastic people, you’ll get great pay, flexible hours and a cool uniform.
As a Sonic Multi-Unit Leader, you will be managing the operations of all General Managers and employees within multiple SONIC drive-ins. You will also be responsible for training and supporting the drive-ins’ employees to ensure we provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that our guests will have an enjoyable experience at Sonic! The job duties include:
- Manages, trains, and coaches Working Partners/General Managers and conducts management orientation.
- Directs and assigns employees as needed to ensure all aspects of service meet operational standards
- Oversee multiple drive-in employees and management in performing all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Adheres to and monitors management compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices.
- Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Reviews employee and drive-in management work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests in accordance with Sonic Drive-In policy and applicable law.
- Monitors multiple drive-in cost control procedures for food, labor, paper and inventory. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Monitors performance of vendors. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Audits drive-in employment-related records and payroll records.
- Reinforces the importance of placing guest needs first to drive-in management on a consistent basis.
- Responds to escalated guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Recruits, interviews and hire management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
- Approves compensation levels of drive-in employees and managers within company guidelines.
- Prepares all necessary operational reports for multiple drive-ins. Develops appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan for region.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
- Multi-unit supervision experience is preferred.
- Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic accounting and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Abide by the company’s appearance, uniform and hygiene standards
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you so Apply Today!
Sonic and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.